Ductless air conditioning systems are an excellent way to ensure that your home stays cool during the hot months of the year. Ductless air conditioners are affordable and efficient home cooling options for homes that don’t have existing ductwork. Installing ductwork so a central air conditioner can be used is very expensive and invasive, which is why many people opt to install ductless air conditioning systems.
Ductless air conditioning systems, also called mini split systems, are excellent home cooling solutions. They consist of an exterior condenser unit and an interior air handling unit. These units work together to cool your home in the space where your interior unit is located. A number of air handler units can also feed off of a single exterior condenser unit to provide cooling to multiple space or an entire home.
Ductless air conditioning systems are ideal for homes that don’t have existing duct systems, or need cooling in specific areas to support their existing cooling system.
Here are some specific details our customers inquire about when considering ductless air conditioning systems:
- Fast & Easy Installation: Ductless air conditioners are very easy to install. Depending on your needs and the size of your system, a Novel Care HVAC technician can install your unit within one visit. They require no major construction to install, only a small hole drilled through an exterior wall. This hole is used to connect the exterior and interior units.
- Energy-Efficient: Ductless air conditioning systems are very energy-efficient. With so many different makes and models available our HVAC technicians can evaluate your situation and help you choose an energy-efficient unit that suits your budget and needs.
- Low Maintenance: While there is still some maintenance required like light dusting and cleaning the filter, overall these units require little maintenance. All you have to do is enjoy the cool air conditioned air. We do recommend an annual maintenance appointment with one of our experienced Novel Care technicians to keep your unit operating properly, efficiently and reliably.
- Incredibly Quiet: Unlike some window and other cooling solutions, ductless air conditioners are very quiet. Each unit typically has a noise rating associated with it, so you’ll know how loud it is in advance. The good news is that even the loudest unit is very quiet. New models use advanced technology that allows they to be placed in bedrooms, nurseries, theatres rooms, libraries and other quiet spaces.
- Great Designs: Thinking about hanging an ugly air conditioning unit in your living room or kitchen might sound off-putting. Luckily, ductless air conditioning systems come in a variety of attractive designs that integrate well into your existing decor. Essentially, there’s something for every taste.
- Custom Controls & Settings: Ductless air conditioning systems all come with remote controls to make them easy to adjust. Some models even have advanced controls that allow you to network numerous units throughout your home to control different zones depending on usage. This is one of the best ways to ensure they operate as energy-efficient as possible.
Check out our great selection of ductless air conditioner brands. For more information email us or contact a Novel Care representative at 905-737-5016.