As a homeowner or the owner of a commercial building understanding the heating and cooling needs of your space is important. While it may be many years after purchasing your building before you need to worry about it there are many options available in terms of heating and cooling. When it comes to cooling solutions one thing that shouldn’t be ignored is the benefits of ductless air conditioners when installing a new system.
What are Ductless Air Conditioners?
Ductless air conditioners, also known as split air conditioners or mini-split ductless systems, have become a popular option in older and newer commercial and residential spaces. It took a while for them to catch on as many people typically consider cooling solutions when they plan major renovations, which are also much more popular these days. The more people learn about the benefits of Toronto ductless air conditioners the more they understand what a great cooling solution they really are.
Ductless air conditioners don’t require ductwork running throughout your home in order to cool various spaces. They provide zoned cooling and even heating through a network of internal units that are all connected to an external unit. External units can be assigned to multiple indoor units to create zones that can be cooled separated, whereas a central air conditioning system cools an entire home at once. These units are strategically placed throughout your home or office to ensure they evenly cool the areas they’re being used in.
The Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioners
There are numerous advantages to choosing ductless air conditioners, here are 7 great reasons why they might be the right solution for your needs.
- Efficiency: The average family spends close to $1000 each year on heating and cooling, and depending on the configuration of your home switching to a ductless air conditioning system could yield an energy savings of up to 30% of their current energy consumption.
- Cost Savings: Typically when efficiency is increased costs decrease. With ductless air conditioners, your home or business could be using less energy year round and as a result, your energy bills will naturally go down. Whether it’s measured on a monthly basis or annual basis it’s a significant cost savings.
- Targeting: Unlike cooling solutions that rely on duct systems, ductless air conditioners allow you to target specific areas of your home or office. This is not only one reason why these units save you money, but also a great way to target and cool rooms that are typically hotter than others without freezing out the rest of the building.
- Increased Control: Ductless air conditioners can basically be put anywhere that’s beneficial to the efficiency and cooling of a building. They can easily replace window units and are configured to operate in zones to increase efficiency and comfort.
- Also A Heating Solution: Many ductless air conditioners and mini-split systems also have built-in heat pumps, which means they also have a heating option. This helps save you even more money because you now have all the same benefits in heating a space as you do in cooling it. Targeted heating allows you to run your furnace, boiler, or baseboard heaters much less, so you aren’t heating areas that aren’t in use.
- Simple Installation: Ductless air conditioners have been specifically designed to be very easy to install by professional HVAC technicians. With no ductwork or major piping, installation is very easy and won’t impact the current layout of your home with construction and ductwork.
- Eco-Friendly: Ensuring that your home is as environmentally friendly as possible is not only good for your energy bills but also increases the resale value and the perceived value of your home or commercial building. Saving energy is important to people and in turn they know they will be saving money too, so installing a high-efficiency ductless air conditioning system is an attractive solution.
Ductless air conditioners are an ideal solution for both residential and commercial spaces. They help people save money, energy, the environment, and provide quiet, comforting and cool air throughout your space.