Ductless Air Conditioners
Summertime in Toronto, York Region, and the rest of the GTA can be extremely hot, and air conditioning is essential in order to keep cool. Many people think that they can’t have an air conditioner because they live in an old home without ductwork, which simply isn’t true. Ductless air conditioners have been around for years, and are a better functioning and better looking alternative to ugly window units.
Ductless Manufacturers Provide Cooling Solutions For Older Homes
Older homes in Toronto, York Region, and the GTA that rely on radiator heating likely also rely on window or ductless air conditioners, or they have no air conditioning at all. At Air Tech Toronto we recommend ductless air conditioning systems. With a ductless air conditioning system (also called a split air conditioning system), the heat exchanger and compressor are located in a unit that sits on the ground outside your home, which can easily be hidden with landscaping or furniture.
A ductless air conditioner installation involves adding a ductless unit to every room or area that requires air conditioning, like the one pictured above. The units can be installed in various locations within a room to accommodate decor and layout. Cassette style ductless air conditioners can be hidden in the ceiling, and circulate air through a vent. Depending on the size of the external unit, the system can be used to cool a single zone or multiple zones.
Not only do they look better, but ductless air conditioning systems are much more efficient than window-mounted air conditioning units, which means you save money on energy costs.
Advantages Of Ductless Air Conditioners:
- No expensive ductwork installation is needed.
- Can be as energy efficient as a central air system, and for some homes even more efficient if multiple zones are used.
- Quieter than a window or freestanding unit, as the condenser sits outside.
- Less visual intrusion than window or freestanding units, and doesn’t take up as much floor space.
- More secure than a window unit.
- Can accommodate multiple zones.
- Much cheaper than central air conditioning systems. (Please note that ductless air conditioner systems require professional installation.)
- If there is just one area of your home that gets too hot, ductless systems are perfect.
- Some can be used for heating in the winter as well as cooling in the summer.
Ductless Manufacturers: Brands We Carry
We carry a wide range of ductless air conditioners, some of which are listed below. To get the right model for your home, please contact us about your specific needs and we can provide our most up-to-date list as well as recommendations for specific ductless air conditioner makes and models.