You might think that your pets can take care of themselves when the mercury rises, but keeping pets cool is also the responsibility of pet owners. If you have air conditioning in your home there’s not much to worry about except keeping them inside, and ensuring that your air conditioner is working properly. If it’s not, schedule a maintenance appointment with Air Tech Toronto Toronto today, so you know you’re doing everything in terms of keeping pets cool.
Keeping Pets Cool This Summer
We’re all about keeping people cool with our air conditioning repair, maintenance and installation services, but we love pets too and they shouldn’t be ignored when the temperature rises. Here are some ways to help them stay cool too.
- Keep them properly watered by providing them with plenty of fresh water through the day and at night.
- Even though they’re covered in fur, pets can get sunburned. keep them in the shade when you can.
- If you’re at the beach you might think they’re safe and cool in the water, but the sun, sand and rocks reflect the sun and can also cause sunburns. On very hot days limit their time in the sun.
- Utilize air conditioning and fans when you can to help your pets stay cool.
- Don’t leave your pets outside on or balconies, they can quickly dehydrate and overheat on very hot days.
- It seems like no matter how often people are told not to leave pets in hot cars it still happens. Don’t do it.
- Take your pets for a walk during the cooler parts of the day in the early morning or later in the evening.
Keeping Pets Cool & Avoiding Heat Stroke
Yes, pets can get heat stroke too. Here are some signs that your pet might have heat stroke:
- Rapid panting
- Excessive drooling
- Very hot skin and fur
- Muscles twitching uncontrollably
- Unusual vomiting
- Looking dazed or acting confused
Air Tech Toronto Toronto has been serving Toronto, York Region and the rest of the GTA for over 30 years.